Tuesday, February 28, 2006

God's Minute 2/28

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. To him that overcometh, will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne.--Revelation 3:19, 20, 21

O LORD, Thou art ever knocking at the door of our souls, seeking entrance into our lives. Help us to recognize Thy knockings, and to open to Thine entrance.

We would have our hearts open to Thee at all times--in sunshine or in shadow, in joy or in sorrow. Whether Thou comest in the time of the singing of birds or in winter's chilling blasts, may we receive Thee joyfully.

Show us that we need Thee more than anything that Thou mayst give us, and that Thou, Thyself, art more than all Thy gifts. So, when Thou knockest, Lord may we open to Thee, and receive Thee as an abiding guest.

Amen.

H. H. Beattys, D.D.,
New Rochelle, New York