Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday's Treasures

The Balloon Picture


Christmas was coming and I knew what I wanted. The Balloon Picture.

I had seen it while shopping in a furniture store with my sister and it was love at first sight. I went back to the store more than once just to look at it. For some reason, looking at that balloon picture made me feel happy.

I dropped a few hints to my sister and my mom and I hoped that they would take the hint and I would find the picture under the tree. Not long before Christmas, Kathy and I were back at Gilbert's Furniture Store, but the picture had been sold. I didn't know whether to be excited (thinking that it had been bought for me) or sad (thinking that someone else had bought the picture and it would be gone forever.)

My hopes dwindled on Christmas morning. There was no present under the tree with my name on it that was the right size or shape. However, in a move that was reminiscent of Ralphie's father "noticing" the "Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle" hidden away in the corner in "A Christmas Story" , my parents produced one more present for me. It was the Balloon Picture.

I still love it and to this day looking at it makes me feel happy.

_________________________________________________

Treasure Tuesday is the brain child of Faith, at Faithful Mommy. You can see other Tuesday Treasures at Faith's blog.

Related Tags: , , , ,