Tuesday, December 05, 2006

God's Minute

December Fifth

For now I am ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I hve finished my course. I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.--2 Timothy 4:6-8

OUR Father, we thank Thee for the revelation of Thyself in Jesus Christ our Lord. We thank Thee for Thy kindly care over us. We pray that the Holy Spirit may lead us into the light of truth. Give to us a larger vision of Thy glory and make us more faithful to Thee and to the needs of our fellow men. Teach us how to pray.

Give us more faith and love. Give us clearer vision to see the deeper meaning of Thy Truth. Bless our land, and Thy Church in all lands. Bless the young, the aged, the sick and the troubled. Fill our hearts with sympathy and hope. Let us live to be of service to Thee, and to our fellow men. Thine shall be the kingdom, the power and the glory, for we ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

William M. Anderson, D.D.,
Dallas, Texas