Tuesday, March 28, 2006

To the Divine Miss M

Most of you are probably thinking Bette Midler. Up until a few months ago, I would've thought the same thing.

But now when I think of "the Divine Miss M" I think of my friend from Australia, who goes by the name Missmellifluous in the blog world. I didn't know her name for the longest time so I thought of her as the Divine Miss M and addressed her as MissM.

Since then I've learned not only her name but a few things about her. She loves art, she loves poetry, she is an accomplished writer, and an affectionate, loving mother. She cares.

I learned this morning that she has given up blogging. I read her reasons; can't argue with them. I have toyed with the idea myself, as recently as yesterday morning. I hope that if I do ever know for certain that I should give it up that I can do it like she did. Delete blog. Boom. Over. I'm not sure I'm that brave.

Anyway, I said all that to say this to you, the Divine Miss M, I will miss your blog and I hope I will not lose contact with you. I've enjoyed getting to know you and praying for you and being challenged by your intellect and blessed by your kindness. You know how to stay in touch. As long as my blog is up and running, you can find me here. Or you can find my email in my profile.

Take care, friend.