Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Godward Thoughts

So, yesterday I had my morning all planned. I was going to post my God's Minute prayer, make my usual morning rounds at my blogline subscriptions. then turn my chair away from the computer so that I could spend the rest of the morning working at a new piece of calligraphy at my drawing board. (the invitation to my son and future daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner--I need to get them finished, printed, addressed and in the mail!!)

But my plans were waylaid because I followed a link at one of my favorite blogs, Godward Thoughts.

Godward Thoughts is a blog written by Doug Eaton and it really lives up to its name. It is what I call a "substantive" blog. His posts are deep and rich and replete with theological substance and they never fail to evoke "Godward Thoughts," some of which have a way of sort of following me around for the rest of the day.

Yesterday he posted a link to a radio program he had participated in called Apologetics.com the Easter Show. I listened. I didn't really know what I was getting myself in for! Suffice it to say that beyond prepping my pen and my workspace and ruling a few lines on my guide sheet, I got very little work done. Seems I can't letter and think deep theological thoughts at the same time!

Doug was the "resident pastor" and he did a fantastic job. The host was amazing; he was not afraid to ask hard questions and he was not satisfied with safe answers or half answers. It was a very mentally stimulating show. I didn't look at the clock, so I don't know for sure how long it ran, but it seems it must've been over an hour or an hour and a half.

Anyway, I wrote all that to say this: Go visit Doug at Godward Thoughts. Subscribe. You will be challenged to think deeply about the things of God. Do it today. He's got a really funny cartoon posted today that will make you laugh--and think.