Saturday, May 13, 2006

God's Minute

May 13

I waited patientlyfor the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the viry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God; many shall set it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust.--Psalm 40:1-4

OUR FATHER, in Thee every family in Heaven and earth is named. We thank Thee for our own home and fireside. We thank Thee for the great family of mankind. For ourselves and for all our brothers and sisters in all the world we pray Thee this day. Send us forth to our own work with willing hearts and ready hands, and fit us and all men for the burdens we must bear this day. Bring us to our home this night at the end of a fruitful toil, and at the day's end grant us rest and quiet sleep. Accept our thanks for all Thy mercies to us and to all men, and give to us the added blessing of grateful hearts. We ask in the Name, as we seek to pray in the Spirit, of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

William E. Barton, D.D., LL.D.,
Oak Park, Illinois

Related Tags: , ,