Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tuesday Treasures

This Tuesday Treasure is actually one of several Tolkien Calendars I have from the '70's. This one is the Silmarillion Calendar for 1978. I've saved it all these years because I love Tolkien's illustrations of Middle Earth, and because if I wait long enough, I can re-use it, like this year.

The calendar is the same in 2006 as it was in 1978. Isn't that cool?

Here's the cover illustration.
Luthien Tinuviel


May's illustration is Nargothrond.


Here's a close up.

I also have the Tolkien Calendars from '75 and '76 and one more that I can't find at the moment (probably '77) The illustrations in those calendars are by other artists. I like Tolkien's best.

[UPDATE: Leave me a note in the comments if you want to see June's illustration. It's a more detailed illustration of Nargothrond]

Related Tags: , , , ,