Thursday, July 20, 2006

God's Minute

July Twentieth

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God; for unto Thee will I pray. My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up.--Psalm 5:1-3

GRACIOUS GOD, our Heavenly Father! To call Thee by this glorious title is at once to give Thee praise, and place ourselves in right relation to Thee. To know that Thou art God, and to know that the Great God is our loving Father, is to have all prayers heard before they are asked. "Before they call upon Me, I will answer them"; this is Thy promise to us. "I am more willing to hear, than they to call," is Thy lament and challenge. Thus entreated, we turn trustingly to Thee in every time of trouble. Guide us by Thine eye. Build us up into Thy likeness. Feed us on Thy love, and keep us pure in life and love. Be patient with us in our ignorance. Be our knowledge and wisdom, for there is none else to whom to go.

Forgive us all our faults and follies. Help us to forgive others as graciously as Thou dost us. We place ourselves in Thy care, in Jesus' Name.

Amen.

August Pohlman, M. D., D. D.,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Related Tags: , ,