Friday, September 08, 2006

God's Minute

September Eighth

Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Psalm 86:1-5

O GOD, our Heavenly Father, we worship Thee. We thank Thee for rest through the night, and for the light of the morning. Thou art the light of our spirits! As in all nature the plants turn toward the sun, and the flowers even in the dark and shady places reach out toward the light, so we look up to Thee, Thou Sun of Righteousness! May the influence of Thy Spirit be felt in our hearts all the day long, cleansing our thoughts, purifying our motives, strengthening us in every good purpose.

Be with us, whether in work or in study, in recreation or repose. If trials fall to our lot, may we be patient; if crosses come to us, may we bear them with courage; if sorrows, may we find consolation in our communion with Thee. We pray for our friends and our neighbors. We think of those whao are in spiritual darkness, in want and in loneliness. Manifest Thy mercy to all mankind, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

James Buckley Faulks, D. D.,
Chatham, New Jersey

Related Tags: , ,