Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Meme catch-up

I've been tagged for a couple of memes, so I thought I'd copy Carol's technique and do them both in one post.

The first one comes from "the Carol," herself: Name 5 weird pet tricks/characteristics and then pick 5 friends who have pets to play along. I've got two dogs and two cats, but for this meme I really must pick Ivy. She's a real stinker.


1. When Ivy sleeps her feet smell like Fritos. Really. Ask any V owner. It's true.

2. When she needs to go out to go potty, she rings a jingle bell. When she has to go really bad, she hits it hard enough to swing full circle!

3. When she wants to come in, she sticks her nose through the mail slot and snorts. If you don't come as soon as she'd like, she holds it open with her paw and mutters through the slot.

4. Ivy will only eat in our bedroom and only after we leave the room and close the door. If you stay in the room or stand outside with the door open, she'll hang her head and shoot daggers in your direction.

5. She mutters and talks and complains and sounds just like Charlie Brown's teacher when she isn't getting her way.

Wow, that was easy! I think I could have done 25 without blinking an eye!

I tag: Allyson, Kim, Sue, the Divine MissM, and Rebecca.

Here are the responses:

Sue (Vincent cracks me up! He's so much like Buster!)
Rebecca ( Leroy is a handsome boy!)

________________________________________________________________

Speaking of Rebecca, she tagged me with this meme--also pretty easy.

1. Are you craving anything and if so, what?

I'd love to have a piece of my mom's chocolate mayonnaise cake with mocha frosting and a big mug of coffee.

2. What is the weather outside, and do you wish it would change?

It's partly cloudy and 74 degrees right now at 6ish pm, but it's pretty humid after yesterday's rain. Yes, I wish it was cooler. I am ready for crisp fall air and those brilliant blue skies of Autumn.

3. What two websites do you think you will go to next after you are finished here?

I'm preparing a lesson on justification, so I'll probably hit monergism.com and The Highway next.

4. Do you wish you were somewhere else and if so, where?

In some ways I wish I was still at the lake. I'd like to see the change of seasons up there. But I'm glad to be home. And I'd love to go "home" and see my family back in Ohio. (There's a reason my blog is called "hiraeth.")

5. Do you wish you were someone else, and if so, who?

No, I am very happy to be me. I'd like to lose 15 pounds so there was a little LESS me, but I don't think that counts.

Let's see, I'll tag Jules, Jill, and Jill

And here are the responses to this meme:

Jules, Jill, Jill

Related Tags: