Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Potato Fest 2006: Another recipe

This recipe comes from my sister in law, Susan. It's one of my favorite potato dishes.

Mock Pieroghis

1 box of jumbo shells, cooked and cooled
8-10 med.-lg. potaoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked as you would for mashed
1 jar Cheese Whiz
Mash potatoes with Cheese Whiz; chill mixture in frig.
Fill shells with cheese/potato mixture
Put in a buttered 13x9 pan.
Top with lg. onion, sliced and sauteed in butter Sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs

Cover and bake at 350 for 20-30 min., or till heated through. Remove the foil for the 5 or 10 minutes.

I have substituted instant mashed potatoes for the "real" potatoes and it works nearly as well and saves a lot of time. I've also tried to stuff the hot potatoes into warm shells. Not recommended.

Thanks, Rebecca, for coming up with Potato Fest 2006. I've had a lot of fun and added a bunch of new recipes to my collection, and one can never have enough potato recipes, right?


Related Tags: , ,