Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanks be to God


Meditations from my morning walk

Thanks be to God. . .

for this beautiful, fall day

for the intense blue-ness of the autumn sky

for my two faithful, energetic companions who walk with me

for leaves in the air and scattered across my path

for the crispy crunchy sound they make when I step on them

for the aching in my knees and ankles that tells me I am challenging my body

for the light sweat across my brow that tells me my efforts are beneficial to my heart

for the neighbors that I greet along the way

for the fresh, cool air

for the brilliant green grass

for the thoughts and prayers of my mind and heart as I walk

for the medicine that is controlling my blood pressure

for healthy food

for my wonderful, supportive husband

for Sam's diligent study and faithfulness this morning

for our homeschool and the video teachers who are always ready to teach at the touch of a remote

for a cool breeze through open windows

for the frost that is promised later on this week

for my beautiful lavendar and it's lovely scent

for notes of encouragement from friends

for the hymns I read this morning

for the God's Minute prayer today

that the two mean dogs on the corner weren't out and about this morning

that the blogs I read this morning informed my thoughts and prayers in a godly way

that I am His child

that this day is just beginning.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!

Related Tags: , , , ,