Sunday, December 31, 2006

A New Years Eve Prayer

An Evening Prayer

WE THANK THEE, O Lord, for the work of each year, and for the rest of each night. We will lay us down both in peace and sleep, for Thou, Lord, only, make us to dwell in safety. Keep watch around us throughout this coming year, to protect us against the assaults of the evil one, to suggest to us holy thoughts, to defend us from all dangers, to lead us in the perfect way of peace, and to prepare us for the happy service of a new year. For Jesus' sake.

Amen.

I am very thankful for each and every person who has visited Hiraeth in the past year. So many of you have extending kindness and friendship and encouragement to me. I have made some dear friends in the past year, both here on the blog and in real life. God has truly blessed me in so many ways. I truly pray that He would, as the prayer says, "
Keep watch around us throughout this coming year, to protect us against the assaults of the evil one, to suggest to us holy thoughts, to defend us from all dangers, to lead us in the perfect way of peace, and to prepare us for the happy service of a new year." And I pray that, more and more, God would teach me, and you!, to desire Him above all things and learn, more and more, to honor Him and bring Him glory.

Happy New Year!
Kim