Thursday, February 23, 2006

Quiz

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4: Therefore, from the top of the stem to the beginning of the foot, the pen must twist as much as 40 degrees, and this transition is the key to well-executed Rustic Capitals. (This is from The Art of Calligraphy by David Harris)

2) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch: Nothing.

3) What is the last thing you watched on TV? The news following American Idol; last night.

4)Without looking, guess what time it is: Somewhere around 4:30.

5) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 4:26 p.m.

6) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Sam feeding the dogs, Eve jumping; Ivy whining.

7) When did you last step outside? About a half hour ago to clean up dog poop.

8) Before you started this survey, what did you look at? The Upward Call

9) What are you wearing? Green jeans, yellow shirt with ink stains, my gray slippers. The same jewelry I wear every day, wedding ring, my mother's class ring.

10) Did you dream last night? I don’t think so, but I did lay awake worrying.

11) When did you last laugh? About a half hour ago reading my email, and yes, I laughed outloud.

12) What is on the walls of the room you are in? Quilt, clock, mirror, painting.

13) Seen anything weird lately? American Idol.

14) What do you think of this quiz? Not as much fun as I thought it would be. I am boring.

15) What is the last movie you saw? Not exactly a movie; A Concert DVD by Sting: "All this Time."

16) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? You mean after I agonized about how to spend it? First I think I'd buy a building for our church so we could stop renting space in the bank building.

17) Tell me something about you that I don't know: I played the cello--first chair.

18) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? I wouldn't. I think God knows what He's doing without my help.

19) Do you like to dance? Not really.

20) George Bush? I used to like him more than I do now.

21) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? I'd called her Kathryn, Kay for short.

22) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? I called him John.


23) Would you ever consider living abroad? Yes, if my family came along. Somewhere in the British Isles, preferably Ireland.

24) What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates? Enter into My rest.