Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Someday I may be able to say, "I knew him when. . ."

David is the son of our pastor and we have been following his journey with American Idol for some time now. I don't really know David all that well, but I know his family and I can tell you that when they say he is a nice kid, they are right. He really is a fine young man.

David has a dream. He's a hard worker and a talented young man. Idol or no, he will go far.

Our family has never watched any of the other seasons of American Idol. We're not much for watching TV. But this year we've been gathering around the TV to wait for a glimpse of David. It's been fun. And it's been an eye-opener.

So many of the contestants have been well, foul-mouthed and rude and conceited. Most of those were cut. If you'd like to root for a "nice young man", get behind David. And if you think about it, pray for him.