Monday, August 07, 2006

A Puritanical Series of Fortunate Writings

The Arrival of the Pilgrim Fathers
Antonio Gisbert, 1864


I thoroughly enjoyed posting the series "The Character of a Sound Christian in 17 Marks" by Thomas Hooker . It was good for me to think through each of the them as I read them, typed them, proof read them and posted them.

So, I've decided to begin a new series this week featuring another of my favorite Puritan writers, Thomas Watson. I hope that posting these selected Puritan writings may spark an interest in the Puritans and a desire to explore the writings of these men of God. In the meantime, you may wish to take a stroll down the Puritan wing of the Hall of Church History
and get to know a few of them.

Starting tomorrow, I will be posting short excerpts from Watson's "A Godly Man is a Lover of the Word."

Related Tags: , , ,