Saturday, September 09, 2006

Side bar Quote of the Week

"Justification is not subject to degrees. It cannot wax and wane. If only we grasped that justification is ours in Christ; that we are therefore as truly and finally justified as Christ is; that justification is free and unmerited, we would enjoy an ever deepening sense of peace with God and proceed to rejoice in our hope of sharing His glory. (Romans 5:1-2)--Sinclair B. Ferguson, The Christian Life, "Justification," page 88.

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.

Bold shall I stand in that great day,
For who aught to my charge shall lay?
Fully absoved through Thee I am,
From sin and fear, from guilt and shame.

The holy, meek, unspotted Lamb,
Who from the Father's bosom came,
Who died for me, even me, to atone.
Now for my Lord and God I own.

This spotless robe the same appears
When ruined nature sinks in years;
No age can change it's glorious hue,
The robe of Christ is ever new.

--Nicolaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf
translated by John Wesley

Related Tags: , , , , , , ,