Saturday, February 18, 2006

God's Minute 2/18 and 2/19

As you can see, there will be no prayers posted for February 18th and 19th. A page is missing. It appears to have been torn out at some point. Makes me wonder if my Grandpa or Grandma passed it along to someone or maybe one of them tucked it into the pages of his/her Bible. I was given one of my Grandma's Bibles after she died. She had this poem taped to the fly sheet, so in lieu of the regular prayer, I offer you this little piece of advice from my dear Grandma, Mildred Smith:

The Secret

I met with God in the morning
When the day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.

All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them
Brought to us a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I, too, had leased the moorings
With the Presence left behind.

So I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day.

--Ralph Spaulding Cushman
And think, now she is ever living in the Presence of the One Whom she loved best. His Presence is no longer a simile, "like a sunrise", for He is the Light:

22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.