Thursday, March 30, 2006

52 things

52 Things About Me (first seen at the Upward Call but I expect to be seeing it again soon!) If that was too subtle of a hint, then Please Play along and leave me your link in the comments. I'll move it up front and we'll all have fun!

1. FIRST NAME? Kim - not Kimberly, just Kim. (Me, too, Kim)

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not my first name, but my middle name is a derivative of my paternal grandmother's name.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last night.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes. That's not to say it's neat and tidy, but it's mine and I like it.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Braunschweiger. On fresh bread with yellow mustard.

6. KIDS? 3 boys and two ornery ones in red fur suits.

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes. Then I'd have someone with whom to talk about theology.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Does a blog count?

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? No.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes I do.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never in a million years. I am not a thrill seeker. I have to plan ahead to be spontaneous.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Steel cut oatmeal

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Mentally, not physically.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Coffee.

16. SHOE SIZE? 7 1/2.

17. RED OR PINK? Red.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I think too much and I have a hard time letting things go.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Permanently? My Dad. Friends? Anna, Cheri, and Anne-Marie.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I'd love anyone who wants to do this to put it up and send me a link.

21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? Blue jeans and white socks.

22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Irish Potatoe Cabbage Bacon Soup.

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The printer spewing out church bulletins.

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Periwinkle.

25. FAVORITE SMELL? Tom's aftershave.

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My pastor.

27. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Whether or not they look me in the eye when I speak to them. (I'm not sure if I would have thought of this on my own, but I do notice this and it matters to me.)

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? She didn't send it to me; I saw it on her blog, and I love her. (Another I can copy directly from Kim.)

29. FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee.

30. FAVORITE SPORT? Fast Pitch Softball

31. HAIR COLOR? You want the real one or the one I pay to have done? (Another one I can copy directly from Kim. My niece once asked, "Aunt Kim, what is your real haircolor?" I answered, "I have no idea.")

32. EYE COLOR? Green.

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. Bifocals.

34. FAVORITE FOOD? My favorite food group is sour cream and cream cheese, how's that?

35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy ending.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Napolean Dynomite.

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? beige sweater

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall, definitely fall.

39. HUGS OR KISSES? Both.

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? My mom's chocolate cake with mocha frosting, made from scratch.

41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no idea. Maybe we can talk MissM into answering in the comments. What do you say?

42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no idea.

43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Les Miserables, D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones series on Ephesians, The Bible Panorama, Berkhof's Systematic Theology, and always Jonathan Edwards.

44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have one. I use a wireless laser mouse.

45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? American Idol. (Kathryn did NOT belong in the bottom three. Humph.)

46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? a sleeping baby's breathing, coffee brewing, birds singing, I could go on and on.

47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Definitely Beatles.

48. THE FURTHEST YOU BEEN FROM HOME? Switzerland.

49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? calligraphy.

50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? December 23, 1955

51. WHAT CONDITION ARE YOUR HANDS AND FEET IN? Dry.

52. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR? J.R.R. Tolkien

Links to other 52 things lists:

Kim at the Upward Call
The Divine Miss M's are posted in the comments.

Amy's are up at Ezekial's Garden. (I don't really think we share the same birthday--year and all! I am too old for 5, 3, and 1 year old boys, but I'd sure like to have some grandsons someday!)

TulipGirl's are up! (Here's that recipe, TG.)