Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bunnies and Pastels


Oh, I love bunnies. I do. I have them scattered all over my house and they don't just come out at Easter. They are out almost year round. (They get packed away while the Christmas decorations are out.) I never set out to collect them. Really. I didn't. But I have quite a few now and I enjoy every one of them. And, as someone who prefers earth tones, I really love the weeks between St. Patrick's Day and Easter when I can pull out the pastels.


This is my plate rail. I collect plates. I never set out to collect them. Really. I didn't. It's just that I found this really cool plate rail at Hobby Lobby a few years ago and I started changing the plates with every season. I've discovered that there are seasons within seasons and between seasons, so the plates have piled up. Sometimes the plates are layered three deep. That's a lot of plates. (If you click twice on the pictures you can see the details on the eggshaped plates.)


These are my spring curtains. I change the curtains when I change the plates. (One thing leads to another as I tell my very patient husband.) The curtains are simply napkins folded over a curtain rod. Simple to change. And so napkins are piling up, too. Note the cute little bunny hanging on the window by my kitchen sink. My sister-in-law, Susan sneakily bought it while we were out antiquing last weekend and left it with a thank you note. Isn't it cute?

Related Tags: , , , , , ,