Monday, March 06, 2006

My Old Eldredge Sewing Machine

Last week, Rebecca inspired me to do a bit of research into my old Singer Sewing machine. In very short order I was able to quickly learn just about everything I could ever want to know about my Singer.

The Eldredge Sewing Machine, however, has been a challenge. It took a lot of Googling to come up with a just little bit of information, but what I did find is interesting.

I've had it since '83 or '84 when bought it at a friend's garage sale in Findlay, Ohio. I came home that day with the sewing machine, an antique copper boiler and a very old woman's sewing chair and ottoman for the $25 I had spent. (I still have all these finds.)

I can't find a serial number on it, but I did find out that the Eldredge Sewing Machine Company only operated from 1869-1890, so it's well over 100 years old.

If you're interested in sewing machines, you can read about the history of the Eldredge Sewing Machine Company here.

Here are some pictures of my machine.