Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Full House 2

Back on May 2nd I posted an entry entitled A Full House. That was the day I found five blue eggs in the nest in our tree. At the time, I wondered how five Robin chicks could fit into that nest, which already seemed so full with just the eggs in it!


Well, as you can see, the nest is filled to the brim with alert, befeathered chicks that are daily looking more and more like their Mama.


I didn't get a picture of it, but after I snapped the pictures, that very alert and curious one in the front of the nest stretched his wings and I could see his reddish breast feathers. It looked for all the world as if he was showing off for me and letting me know he'd soon be gone.

I don't expect them to be in the nest much longer. Mama was nowhere to be seen or heard this morning.

Related Tags: , , , ,