Wednesday, October 11, 2006

God's Minute

October 11

Psalm 73:23-26

Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

O God, our dear Heavenly Father in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour, Thou art still the same good and gracious God as of old, holding Thy weak and troubled children by the right hand and guiding them by Thy counsel. When temptations and doubts come upon us, as they came upon Thy servant Asaph, let us neither fall nor despair, but go, as he did, into Thy sanctuary to seek light, and guidance, and strength at Thy mercy seat. Grant also to us in such hours of trial and darkness the blissful consciousness of Thy presence and They guiding and protecting care. What matters it then, if our flesh and our hearts fail, since Thou, O God, art our strength and our portion forever! Here Thou preservest us in Thy fellowship, guiding and leading us by Thy Holy Spirit, and when our task is completed, our journey finished, then Thou receivest us into Thine infinite glory. Lord, we thank Thee for this comforting and sustaining truth! "Whom have we in heaven but Thee? And there is none upon earth that we desire besides Thee."

Forgive us for Christ's sake all our sins, strengthen us in faith, and make us worthy followers of Thy dear Son, Jesus Christ, our blessed Redeemer and Friend

Amen.

Gustav M. Bruce, M.M., S.T. D.,
St. Paul, MN