Wednesday, November 15, 2006

God's Minute

November 15

I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech Thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.--Psalm 116:1-5

OUR Heavenly Father, we thank Thee for this new day, with its privileges and opportunities. May we in gratitude for Thy love and mercy, serve Thee today with sincere hearts. Give us grace to do Thy will, and to accept Thy purposes for us in the spirit of joyful obedience, believing that Thy will is always best.

Keep our hearts from sin, our minds pure, and our motives true. Forgive us when we fail. Grant that we may consecrate the commonplace duties of the day with the consciousness of Thy presence. Whether the day brings prosperity or loss, sunshine or shadow, blessings or bereavement, may our faith remain firm, our love unfailing, our hope undaunted. Through us today may mankind be blessed, and the coming of Thy Kingdom hastened, for His name's sake.

Amen.

Rev. H.H. Bingham, B.A.,
London, Ont., Canada