Monday, February 20, 2006

My friend, Kyle


One of the best things about the internet and online communications is meeting people that, otherwise, you would never have met. I have been so blessed to meet so many wonderful Christian friends. Rebecca, of Rebecca Writes, is one of the first friends I ever made online. I count her as a true friend, as well as many new friends I have made here at Hiraeth.

Today, I want you to meet my young friend, Kyle. Kyle is a very wise, bright young man. I met him at The Highway Discussion Board, where we are both moderators. His knowledge and understanding of complex theological issues is amazing to me, but even more than that, I am in awe of his wisdom and maturity. (How old are you, Kyle? All of 21?)

Kyle just got back from a week performing Katrina relief in Biloxi, Mississippi through the First Presybterian Church. You can read about his experiences at his blog, Covenant in Blood. He has lots of pictures linked at his post.

I don't know about you, but it had been a while since I had thought about the ongoing work in that area. The continuing devastation is truly mind boggling. I am so thankful for folks that haven't forgotten, that have been willing to give up time and money and materials to help the people who lost so much recover after Katrina.

Thanks, Kyle.