Thursday, June 08, 2006

Andrew is a good sport

A few days ago I tagged a new blogging friend, Andrew, for a meme. I did this for two reasons; I wanted to learn more about him (he is a very good photographer and the son of a friend) and I suspected that whatever he came up with would be hysterically funny. He did not let me down. He answered my meme--sort of.

So, in the spirit of his ornery meme, I am participating in his meme, beginning with 7 things Andrew likes:



Seven Things Whut I (Andrew) Like
  • coffee, ice cream, and any combination thereof
  • the lynx (second only to my pets among animals)
  • losing track of time (just ask my mother)
  • junky old cars, abandoned mines, and any combination thereof
  • panini, or grilled sandwiches if I'm in a pinch
  • things whut are either way too big, or way too small
  • hand cream (we all get dry skin from time to time)
With Andrew as my guide, I present my six lists of seven.

Things Whut I [Kim] Like
Seven Things Whut I Don't Get
  • Is it true that real men don't eat quiche?
  • Why do I stink at, as well as after, mowing the lawn?
  • Why aren't books more popular than movies?
  • Are you supposed to kick a horse that isn't dead spend THIS much time trying to think up something clever to go along with kick a horse that isn't dead?
  • Why don't people say DUTY and HONOR much anymore?
  • Why are most of the cool animals on Galapagos Island? Blue footed Booby. Need I say more?
  • How is it that monergism's clearance sales are so inexpensive?
Seven Ways Whut I Address My Cat (Buster)
Seven Things Whut I Like More Than I Should
  • 10 year old Tawny Port
  • blogging
  • David Bowie's music
  • Seals and Crofts (I don't like them a lot, and yet I like them too much.)
  • quoting The Princess Bride
  • coffee
  • avoiding laundry
Seven Words Whut can be Pronounced in Funny Ways
  • Hezekiah
  • business
  • handkerchief
  • beautiful
  • ornery
  • literature
  • Renaissance
Seven Books Whut I Started and Didn't Finish
  • Robin Hood by Henry Gilbert
  • The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
  • The Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren
  • Attitudes of a Transformed Heart by Martha Peace
  • Creation Regained by Albert Wolters
  • Straight Talk to Men and Their Wives by James Dobson
  • A Brief History of the Presbyterians by Lefferts A. Loetscher (gotta love his name, though)
If you'd like to play along, follow my lead and substitute my 7 for Andrews 7. Just be sure you link to Andrew's original post. And let me know in the comments so I can go read your meme.

Related Tags: ,